Friday, October 21, 2005

My First Day On the Blog


Hola. I'd been posting messages on the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree message boards (especially the Mexico Branch and the "Get Stuffed" food Branch) for several years now, as well as maintaining galleries of photos on pbase.com. http://www.pbase.com/panos
We recently moved to the vicinity of Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México, and it occurred to me that I could consolidate my posts on various subjects, along with photos, all on one blog. So, here I am.

My interests are primarily cooking, especially the regional cuisines on México. What better place to test this out than the foods of Michoacán? Our kitchen is very small, but I'm adapting to it. Today, I hung a gift from a chef-friend, from the archway to "bless" the kitchen.

This being my first blog-day, things are a little sparse here. I hope to be filling out the virtual table before very long.

¡Buen provecho!

2 comments:

jillian said...

I discovered your blog yesterday (from who knows where, can't remember) and read it from end to beginning. I am inspired to cook more in my adopted Mexico and be not afraid of mariscos and tamales. Really fine writing and pleasing-to-read recipes. p.s. what in the world is lomo?

Don Cuevas said...

Bienvenidos, Jillian, gracias por tu comentario,

"Lomo" is loin, as in "lomo de cerdo", pork loin.

(By the way, I haven't looked at this page in several years!)

Saludos,
Mike